Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Girona: Lunch with great company



Can Pintxo

Carrer de Maluquer i Salvador 9
17002 Girona
Spanien

If you ever get the chance to visit Girona, don't miss out on eating at this great restaurant. I went there together with my Spanish flatmates during my exchange semester in Girona and I was super surprised what a great menu we got for only 10€.
My flat mates took me there for a "good-bye lunch" almost at the end of my stay. In order to get there, we passed one of the main shopping streets and entered a rather narrow alley. The restaurant looked expressionless from the outside and was easy to be overlooked, but when you entered, you saw a big bar on your left and further in the back a specious room with high ceilings, a lot of light and many tables. We went there on a weekday and ordered their special lunch menu, which was about ten euros per person and it included appetizer, main dish and dessert. We received a special menu on an extra paper, which listed three different options for each course. Here is what I ordered:
As an appetizer I was given a watermelon gazpacho, which was served in a glass and tasted like a very refreshing, sweetish version of a very good traditional gazpacho. With this there came a variety of different canapés such as pasty on bread, one meatball on a slice of white bread with strawberry jam (which doesn't only sound super creative, but also tasted amazing), honeydew melon with ham, and some lettuce served with fresh strawberries, fried goat cheese with a balsamic vinegar dressing. Hmmm...you can't even imagine how well the combination of these different tastes matched. (Putting strawberries in my salat is also something I'm going to try out myself this summer). For the main dish I chose pasta with shrimps in a creamy garlic sauce. Fantastic combination, if you ask me! Finally, to wrap all the deliciousness up, I got served a dish of strawberries with whipped-cream and strawberry sauce.


So to sum it up, if you happen to visit to Girona, don't miss out on the amazing food and the modern atmosphere of this great restaurant! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment