Preparation time: 1 day; Cooking time: 20min
What do you need:
200 g natural tofu
1 cooked potato
2 hands full fresh spinach
2 cloves garlic
2 teaspoons of herb butter
oil, salt, pepper, chili, vegetable stock
Prepare the tofu:
1. Start with removing the tofu from the package and cut it into bite-sized cubes.
2. Place them into a box with a lid and add a marinade of 1 minced garlic clove, vegetable stock, pepper and chili. Pour as much on the tofu cubes until they are fully covered and close the box with its lid. Let it soak in the refrigerator for at least a day.
Now to the vegetables:
3. Drain the tofu from the stock, get a pan and start frying the tofu-cubes in some oil. (In my opinion: The more crispy it is, the better it tastes)
4. Meanwhile chop an onion, eggplant and paprika. Then heat some oil in a second pan and sweat the onion. Cut the cooked potato into cubes and fry them with the onion for about 3 min.
5. Now you can add the eggplant and paprika and the minced clove of garlic, season it with salt, pepper and herb butter (for the people who lice it spicy add some chili) and let it fry for about 5 min.
6. About 2 min before the tofu is done frying, dice a fresh tomato and add it together with the fresh spinach.
I personally like the combination of a hot dish with a cold dip, so I like to serve a teaspoon of herb cream cheese with it. But that obviously depends on your personal taste. :)